Wednesday 6 June 2012

Ballyhoura Country

"From the halls of his splendor by Bantry and Beara
Till the mountains of Limerick rose darkly before him;
There he camped on the heath .."

Having bid fond farewell to an inspiring Eily Buckey whose warmth and hospitality made my stay so special and headed for Ballyhoura country. It again proved a wonderful day with Ben leading me up the clai dubh and lucky enough to come across a hen harrier, this was followed by Angela leading me up Sliabh Riabh and spread out before us was the Golden Vale. Jim Flynn took over and led me along the Aherlow River and a most memorable day's walking finished at 6.30pm.
Ballyhoura country is not only beautiful scenery it is also wonderful people with a stopover a must for anyone that is looking for something Simply different.

Ben, Angela and Jim, your generosity in spirit and time is something that will stay with me long after our walk comes to a close- my thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment